Monday, October 21, 2013

Heading to California - October 2012

Up at five and in the car by 5:45. Not bad for me. A great flight on Air Canada arriving at 11 am California time. Picked up our rental car and arrived at our resort at 2. Air Canada food was not much better than most flights so our first stop was lunch at The Grill, the clubhouse at the Silverado. Delish and even better was the rodney strong 2011 Pinot Noir and to top off that you can buy the bottle and take it back to the room. Truly civilized. Unfortunately the sun was beating down on the patio overlooking the golf course and it just seemed a fitting place to have the last glass.

Popped back up to our room and unpacked and I just couldn't resist a swim. So here Jim and I sit with an Olympic pool to ourselves. A little mamma and papas playing on my iPad, a small rum and coke, and it feels like paradise. Jim keeps saying it would be paradise if i stopped singing along with mama cass, especially when I am swimming. Off to an Italian restaurant tonight and then onto wine tours tomorrow. I think I may have to put shorts on. Woohoo.

Miss you Canada. Love from Mama Carlson



No comments:

Post a Comment